With features like Group Sessions, Spotify allows you to not only listen to your music by streaming it. But also make it an interactive experience with your friends.
With Spotify’s Collaborative Playlists function, you and your friends can create a playlist together.
The new feature allows you to “team up” with your friends to build a playlist that you can edit, shuffle, and add or remove songs from individually. Users may also see who is contributing to the playlist, with the avatar of the individual who added it to the playlist displayed next to each song.
How to start a Spotify collaborative playlist
- On your smartphone, go to the Spotify Library
- Tap on Playlists to start a Spotify collaborative playlist.
- Create a new playlist or add an existing one here
- Click the ‘Add User’ button.
- Choose to collaborate on the playlist and share it with your friends.
- Open Spotify on your desktop
- Right-click on a playlist in the left panel
- Select the Collaborative Playlist option
- Invite your friends to join.
It’s worth noting that only individuals who build a playlist can invite others to collaborate on it. Only the tracks in it will be able to interact with other people.
Use with Spotify’s Group Session
The feature will work nicely with Spotify’s Group Session feature. It allows you and your friends to listen to music together remotely from one device, with one device controlling playing on all users’ devices.
Spotify is a music streaming and media services provider based in Sweden. As of June 2021, it had over 365 million monthly active users, including 165 million paying subscribers. Hence, making it the world’s largest music streaming service provider.